Apply through May 26
- Read our FY21 Nurse Corps Scholarship Program Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 681 KB).
- Submit your application via the Customer Service Portal.
Technical Assistance Calls
April 15 Instant Replay
Call: 1-888-562-6134 | Passcode: 41521
April 29 Instant Replay
Call: 1-866-513-9974 | Passcode: 42921
COVID-19 Impact on Nurse Corps
Affected by the COVID-19 crisis? We can help.
Eligible nursing students can apply to the Nurse Corps Scholarship Program (Nurse Corps SP).
If accepted, we pay your tuition, fees, and other educational costs. In return, you work at a Critical Shortage Facility (CSF) when you graduate.
Review and download the Nurse Corps Scholarship Program Fact Sheet (PDF - 138 KB)
Am I eligible for a scholarship?
You are eligible if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen (born or naturalized), a national, or a lawful permanent resident
- Are an accepted or enrolled student in a nursing degree program at a United States accredited school of nursing
- Begin classes no later than September 30
- Don’t have any federal judgment liens
- Don’t have an existing service commitment
- Aren’t overdue on a federal debt
Note: We give funding preference to those who need the most help financially.
Why should I apply?
If you receive an award, you’ll get a monthly stipend—and we’ll pay your
- eligible fees;
- reasonable costs (e.g., books, clinical supplies/instruments, and uniforms).
Is the scholarship taxable?
Yes. Your entire scholarship award is taxable.
We report all awarded funds to the IRS. We don’t withhold state and local taxes from any of the scholarship payments.
What is a Critical Shortage Facility?
A CSF is a public or private health care facility located in, designated as, or serving a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
A HPSA is an area lacking enough primary care or mental health professionals.
Review the APG for a complete list of eligible facilities.
Why is the Nurse Corps SP important?
Many Americans go without necessary health care. This includes checkups, preventive screenings, and vaccines. This happens when there aren’t enough health care workers in their communities.
There continues to be a need for nurses throughout the United States. The Nurse Corps SP helps address these issues.
What impact has Nurse Corps had on communities in need?
How to contact us
Call: 1-800-221-9393 | TTY: 1-877-897-9910
M - F | 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (except federal holidays)
Use our contact form