Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEPQR) Program - Veteran’s Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
HRSA-14-071 | Bureau of Health Workforce
Application Accepted: 12/27/2013 to 02/18/2014
Projected Award Date: 07/01/2014
Estimated Award Amount: N/A
Estimated Number of Awards: 10
We designed the NEPQR-VBSN program to increase enrollment, progression, and graduation of veterans from Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) programs.
We aim to facilitate the transition of veterans into the field of professional nursing, while building upon skills, knowledge, and training acquired during their military service to increase employment opportunities. Specifically, NEPQR-VBSN programs:
- Reduce barriers that prevent veterans from transitioning into nursing careers.
- Develop BSN career ladder programs targeted to the unique needs of veterans.
- Explore innovative educational models to award academic credit for prior health career experience/training or other relevant military training.
- Improve employment opportunities for veterans through high demand careers training.
- Address the growing national demand for BSN prepared Registered Nurses.
- Ensure that upon graduation, veterans have the training to provide high quality care that is culturally and linguistically aligned when transitioning from their military role to the civilian healthcare arena.
Accredited schools of nursing, a health care facility, or partnership of such a school and facility. [See Section III-1 of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) (PDF - 327 KB) for complete eligibility information.]