AHEC improves access to health care through academic-community partnerships.
- Increase diversity among health workers
- Broaden the distribution of the health workforce
- Improve health care quality
- Improve health care in rural and other high-need areas
Am I eligible to apply?
When funding is available, you can apply if you are*:
- A public or nonprofit private accredited school of allopathic medicine
- A public or nonprofit private accredited school of osteopathic medicine
- An accredited school of nursing (in states where an AHEC program isn’t operating)
How do I apply?
When funding is available, you apply via grants.gov.
What’s the impact of AHEC grantees?
AHEC Program Outcomes: 2014–2019 Academic Year (PDF - 309 KB)
How can I contact you?
* Note: Always read the notice of funding opportunity for full eligibility requirements.