What is a virtual job fair?
Our virtual job fairs are free online events that connect primary care trainees and practicing clinicians with health care facilities with job openings.
During the job fair, you can learn about medical, nursing, dental, and behavioral health job openings directly from health care facilities.
What should I do in advance?
Before you register for a job fair, complete a clinician profile on the Health Workforce Connector. Using the Health Workforce Connector, you can search thousands of employment and training opportunities in underserved communities across the nation. Based on your profile, interested sites can follow up with you after the event.
Learn how to use the Health Workforce Connector.
What happens during a virtual job fair?
As an attendee, you can move freely among booths for health care facilities in our virtual expo floor. You can also network using one-on-one chat and join other participants in expo booths for conversation.
In a virtual booth, you can join site representatives to learn more about:
- The health care facility
- The local community and population served
- Available position(s) available
- Practice models
Before you join a virtual job fair
Virtual Job Fairs are scheduled as Zoom Events. Before joining a virtual job fair on your computer or mobile device, download the Zoom app from the Download Center on the Zoom website. Otherwise, when you click the Join link, Zoom will prompt you to download and install the Zoom app.
How do I join the virtual job fair?
There are several ways to join the Zoom Event for the Virtual Job Fair:
- Select the Join link in the confirmation email that you received after you registered for the Virtual Job Fair.
- Select the ticket in your Zoom Events account under the ticket tab.
You can also join Zoom Events from the Zoom desktop client or Zoom mobile app.
For more information, see Joining Zoom Events on the Zoom Support website.
How can I contact the health care facilities?
The Virtual Job Fair in Zoom Events provides several options for contacting the health care facilities.
- Event agenda
Review the presenting site’s contact information and current vacancies.
- Event lobby
Network and easily exchange contact info, chat, and initiate meetings with other attendees.
- Access booth resources
View information about a site and its vacancies by accessing the Booth Resources. You can access videos and images, as well as downloadable PDF files.
For sites: how can my site participate?
To participate, your site must:
- Be a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) or Nurse Corps-approved site in good standing
- Complete a Health Workforce Connector site profile. (First, create an account in the Customer Service Portal)
- Post an eligible job vacancy on the Health Workforce Connector
- Register for one of our virtual job fairs
- Have access to a computer or a mobile device the day of the Virtual Job Fair
Before joining a virtual job fair on your computer or mobile device, download the Zoom app from the Download Center . Otherwise, when you click the Join link, Zoom will prompt you to download and install the Zoom app.
For sites: do specific hiring sites get priority?
We schedule health care facilities after they preregister. If space is limited, we may give priority to sites based on:
- Geographic location
- Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) score
- Number or types of positions available
- Type of community served
For sites: do we help sites prepare?
Yes. Our team works with health care facilities throughout the preparation and presentation process.