The National Center for Health Workforce Analysis (NCHWA) collects, assesses, and presents data on the U.S. health care workforce.
Area Health Resources Files (AHRF)
The AHRF dashboard provides data on health care professions, health facilities, population characteristics, economics, health professions training, hospital utilization, hospital expenditures, and environment at the county, state, and national levels from over 50 data sources.
On this dashboard, you can view:
- Diversity data by health profession
- Information by health profession
- Clinician data per 100k population
- Total clinician count
Health Professions Training Programs
The Health Professions Training Programs dashboards display aggregated performance data for HRSA-awarded health professions training grants from academic year 2012-2013 to present.
On these dashboards, you can view:
- Demographic summaries of the number of health workforce trainees by academic year and program
- Locations and the types of clinical training sites utilized by programs in key settings including primary care, medically underserved communities, and rural areas
- Types of curricula developed for trainees, faculty training, and continuing education
Nursing Workforce Survey Data
We provide nurse workforce data on registered nurses and nurse practitioners.
National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses (NSSRN)
The NSSRN data:
- Provides the basis for estimating the characteristics of the nurse workforce, evaluating trends, and projecting the future supply of nursing resources
- Highlights characteristics of the U.S. nursing workforce including demographics, education, training, and employment information
Health Workforce Projections
The Health Workforce Projections dashboard shows projections of the supply of and demand for the health workforce. On this dashboard, you can view data on:
- 46 unique occupations
- 54 geographic areas
- 9 "What If?" scenarios that show how supply and demand would be affected if certain key inputs were changed
Explore data.hrsa.gov. You can:
- Find a health center
- Explore maps
- Find shortage areas
- View fact sheets
- Download data