Recently Released Report
The National Center for Health Workforce Analysis (NCHWA) collects, assesses, and presents data on the U.S. health care workforce.
Health Professions Training Programs
The Health Professions Training Programs dashboards display aggregated performance data for HRSA-awarded health professions training grants from academic year 2012-2013 to present.
On these dashboards, you can view:
- Demographic summaries of the number of health workforce trainees by academic year and program
- Locations and the types of clinical training sites utilized by programs in key settings including primary care, medically underserved communities, and rural areas
- Types of curricula developed for trainees, faculty training, and continuing education
Area Health Resources Files (AHRF)
The AHRF dashboard provides data on health care professions, health facilities, population characteristics, economics, health professions training, hospital utilization, hospital expenditures, and environment at the county, state, and national levels from over 50 data sources.
On this dashboard, you can view:
- Information by health profession
- Clinician data per 100k population
- Total clinician count
Nursing Workforce Survey Data
We provide nurse workforce data on registered nurses and nurse practitioners.
National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses (NSSRN)
The NSSRN data:
- Provides the basis for estimating the characteristics of the nurse workforce, evaluating trends, and projecting the future supply of nursing resources
- Highlights characteristics of the U.S. nursing workforce including demographics, education, training, and employment information
National Sample Survey of Nurse Practitioners (NSSNP)
The NSSNP data:
- Provides the basis for estimating the characteristics of the nurse practitioner workforce, evaluating trends, and projecting the future supply of nursing resources
- Highlights characteristics of the U.S. nurse practitioner workforce including demographics, education, training, and employment information
Explore data.hrsa.gov. You can:
- Find a health center
- Explore maps
- Find shortage areas
- View fact sheets
- Download data