How can my facility become Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved?
Your facility can become Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved if your site meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Located in a health professional shortage area (HPSA) or medically underserved area (MUA), or serves a medically underserved population (MUP)
- Operates as outpatient or inpatient facilities, providing primary medical, dental, and/or mental and behavioral health services.
What are the benefits of becoming Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved?
As a Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved facility, you can recruit new clinicians and retain current staff in eligible disciplines with the Pediatric Specialty LRP opportunity.
How do I activate my facility as Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved?
The Site Point of Contact (POC) must complete the following steps to obtain Pediatric Specialty LRP-approval for your facility:
- Create an account or log into the BHW Program Portal.
- Create a Site Profile for your facility.
- On your Site Profile "Dashboard," you will have the option to select "Activate Status" under the Pediatric Specialty LRP program (Note: this will only be an option during the Pediatric Specialty LRP application cycle).
- Select "Activate Status" link.
- An "Eligibility Criteria" box will appear. If your site is "Eligible for Participation," you will be prompted to "Activate Program Status" and a "Site Type" drop down list will appear.
- Select your "Site Type" from the dropdown list.
- Select your "Site subtype" from the second dropdown list, if applicable.
- Select the "Activate Site" button.
Your site should now appear as “Pediatric Specialty LRP active.”
Are there auto-approved facility types?
We will automatically approve your site as a Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved facility, if your site point of contact (POC) has registered your site in the HRSA BHW Customer Service Program Portal and is:
- Located in a HPSA or MUA, or serve a MUP
- An outpatient or inpatient facility, providing primary medical, dental, and/or mental and behavioral health services
Site Points of Contact (POCs) will receive an email alert to notify them of their Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved status. The designation will display in the BHW Customer Service Program Portal. We will also add it to your profile on our Health Workforce Connector.
How do I assist my clinicians in applying to the Pediatric Specialty LRP?
After your site becomes Pediatric Specialty LRP-approved, your clinicians can apply to the Pediatric Specialty LRP. You will need to complete an employment verification form for each of your clinicians who applies for a Pediatric Specialty LRP award.
You may review our employment verification FAQs to assist you with this important step in their application process.
How to contact us
Submit your questions or contact us by submitting an inquiry in the BHW Customer Service Program Portal or email us.
Call: 1-800-221-9393 | TTY: 1-877-897-9910
M – F | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (except federal holidays)
Use our contact form.