Nurse Corps Scholarship Program scholars must begin employment at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility with either a mental health or primary care Health Professional Shortage Area score of 14 or higher within nine months of graduation.
You are responsible for communicating with potential employers and obtaining a job offer.
To prepare for service, you must:
- Communicate with your assigned analyst regularly. As you near graduation, your assigned analyst will contact you regularly through the BHW Customer Service Portal to provide guidance during your job search.
- As a scholar, you will receive a message in the BHW Customer Service Portal notifying you of the assigned Open Question (ID#) that you will use for all employment-related correspondence.
- Use this Open Question (ID#) in the BHW Customer Service Portal to communicate with an analyst. Your analyst will answer all employment-related questions, provide guidance on the employment process, and monitor your employment search progress.
- You must reply to messages from your analyst. Communicate regularly until you are employed and in service.
Note: If you have other questions regarding tuition, stipends, or post-graduate training, go to Ask a Question in the BHW Customer Service Portal.
To communicate directly with an analyst using the Question (ID#):
- Go to Activities/Activity Type/Question (ID#).
- At the bottom of the page, select Contact Us.