We repay loans to those pursuing a career as a faculty member at a health professions school.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the Faculty Loan Repayment Program (FLRP) if
- You come from a disadvantaged background. We base this on environmental and economic factors.
- You have an eligible health professions degree or certificate;
- You are a faculty member at an approved health professions institution. You must have a contract for two years or more.
How do I apply?
Make sure the application cycle is open. If it is, do these two things:
- Follow instructions in the FLRP Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 416 KB)
- Submit your application through the BHW Customer Service Portal.
Why should I apply?
As a faculty member, you train the next generation. Through the FLRP, you can reduce your financial burden while doing it.
If you receive an award, you will get:
- Up to $40,000 in loan repayment assistance
- Funding to offset the tax burden
Why is the FLRP important?
We help recruit and retain health professions faculty members. It encourages students to pursue faculty roles in their chosen health care field.
This is vital for supporting the next generation of educators.
How to contact us
Call: 1-800-221-9393 | TTY: 1-877-897-9910
M - F | 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (except federal holidays)
Use our contact form