Why should I apply?
We offer up to $250,000 in loan repayment.
What do you expect from me in return?
If you receive an award, you must work full-time for six years in a STAR LRP-approved facility.
Am I eligible?
Review our STAR LRP requirements.
You must be:
- A United States citizen, national, or permanent resident;
- Fully licensed, credentialed in an eligible discipline or a registered SUD professional; and
- A full-time employee at a STAR LRP-approved facility.
Is my discipline eligible?
Review our list of eligible disciplines and specialties to see if you qualify.
You must be working in a full-time SUD job.
- Physician - Allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO)
- Addiction Medicine
- Family Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Physician Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Registered Nurse (RN)
- Women’s Health
- Mental Health & Psychiatry
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Pharmacists (PHARM)
- Health Service Psychologist (HSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselors
- Psychology Doctoral Interns
Clinical Support Staff
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed Occupational Therapists
- Medical Assistants
Behavioral Health Paraprofessionals
- Community Health Workers
- Peer Recovery Specialists
- Case Managers
- Health Navigators
How can I receive funding priority?
We have two-tiers for award funding priority. First, you must be an eligible clinician.
You work at a STAR LRP-approved facility. The facility is in a county where the drug overdose death rate for the past three years is higher than the most recent national average.
You work at STAR LRP-approved facility. That facility is in a Mental Health Professional Shortage Area (MHPSA).
Which factors do you use to rank me?
We rank you in your respective tiers using these factors:
- Outstanding debt-to-income ratio
- Employment start date
Why is the STAR LRP important?
There’s a need for SUD treatment health care workers across the U.S.
The STAR LRP:
- Supports treatment teams;
- Complements other SUD loan repayment programs;
- Expands the eligible pool of disciplines and treatment facilities.
Review the STAR LRP Fact Sheet (PDF - 194 KB)
Compare our loan repayment programs (PDF - 2 MB) and find your best fit.
How to contact us
Call: 1-800-221-9393 | TTY: 1-877-897-9910
M - F | 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (except federal holidays)
Use our contact form