The Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) supports a nursing workforce that meets the needs of the nation, especially its underserved and rural communities.
This support includes:
- Financial assistance to individuals to help pay for nursing school or repay nursing student debt.
- Grants and other investments in institutions that are training the next generation of nurses.
Together, HRSA nursing programs advance health equity by ensuring that all communities have access to high-quality and culturally competent medical care.
Apply for Loan Repayment
Have you graduated from nursing school? We can help repay school loan debt.
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program: For registered nurses, nurse faculty and advanced practice registered nurses working at a Critical Shortage Facility or eligible school of nursing.
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Programs: For nurses and other health professionals, the Loan Repayment Programs include four programs with different requirements.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program: For nurses and others who do direct patient care in an eligible discipline and provide full-time care at an approved treatment facility.
- Faculty Loan Repayment Program: For faculty members who serve at eligible health professions schools.
Apply for a Scholarship
Considering nursing school or currently enrolled as a nursing student?
We offer scholarships to help you pay for your health professions education, including tuition, fees, and other educational costs.
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program: For eligible nursing students.
- Native Hawaiian Health Scholarship Program: A program designed for Native Hawaiians who are pursuing careers in primary and behavioral health disciplines.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program: For students pursuing primary care health professions training.
Opportunities for Clinics, Hospitals, and Other Health Care Organizations
We provide grants and other funding to organizations for programs directly aimed at supporting nurses and nursing programs. These programs are for organizations, not individuals.
Some of these programs include:
- Advanced Nursing Education programs
- Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship
- Nurse Education, Practice, Quality, and Retention programs
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program
Learn more about these programs and apply for a nursing grant.
How to Contact Us
Call: 1-800-221-9393 | TTY: 1-877-897-9910
M - F | 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST (except federal holidays)